Monday 17 March 2014

Tower Studies


 The tower is a very interesting place to draw, it has a lot of different materials in it's construction and there are newer additions to the original, gothic styled structure. Due to the interesting space and range of elements I can look at I've decided to do a few studies of the tower, with the intention of having a resource for future illustrations. I started with a floor plan of the tower and then experimenting with looking from different angles and distances as well as getting an accurate drawing of the space. I also had a look at the additions to the building like pipes, wires, electrical boxes and other things that are out of place with the rest of the old building, I think these are useful to draw as while they aren't typically noticed their absence would be noticeable.


No comments:

Post a Comment