Friday 25 October 2013

Portraiture

 To start there was a refresher on portrait drawing, this was accomplished in charcoal. The next step was to draw out of the studio, I spent two sessions of a couple of hours each drawing customers in Nero.

First attempt, I find getting into drawing outside difficult, as this first attempt suggests, but I think I got better after a while.


 Above: There was a man who was mostly obscured by a lamp, unable to capture anything of him above his nose I just combined the two and used the leaf pattern on the lamp for an eye.
I seemed to do far fewer drawing during the second session, I need to speed my drawing up; I plan on doing at least one more session at Nero soon and may switch to pen, hopefully cutting out the time I spend correcting mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment