Sunday 13 October 2013

Ashmolean Museum Drawings







A number of drawing done at the Ashmolean museum in Oxford. I drew people looking at the exhibits and then drew the things they were probably looking at. It was a great exercise for me as I was forced to draw quickly to capture the figure and also draw from exhibits that I otherwise might not have been interested in enough to look at.

I am pleased with these sketches and while I'll continue to  do this whenever I am at a museum I don't feel the need to revisit this anytime soon; it's probably best to go back to drawing people walking and engaged in activities. I do need to start putting figures in context, I frequently forget and the last image here is far better just for drawing the display case and floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment